Re: Wiring A Bed Cap/Topper

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 14:44:58 EDT

On Wed, October 4, 2006 12:33 pm, Kyle Kozubal said:

> I am going to wire up the cap's brake light and interior light this weekend.

Kyle, I saw something just this morning that made me wonder if you had
finished this project yet. A gen III Dak, with a cap, and when he put on his
turn signal his third brake light on the cap flashed right along with it.
Clearly he just tied in to one of the brake light wires someplace.

Please don't do this. It looked incredibly stupid. Find a proper wire that
comes on only with the brakes and not the turn signals or hazard lights. I'm
sure you would have figured it out, I just wanted to point it out ahead of
time so you don't wind up accidentally re-doing it. :-)