Re: New Wheels....and of course....decisions...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 11:05:36 EDT

ctandc@comcast.net wrote:

: So I've been looking..so I finally bought some rims for the Dakota. Got 'em
: this past Saturday. Had 'em put on Monday evening. I decided to go 15x8 with
: the 31"s I'm running now, then when the PA body lift goes on in the Spring I
: can just go to 33x12.5x15's. But of course the best laid plans...

: So my buddy comes by Tuesday evening..sporting a new truck. He traded in his
: Z71...and I had just helped him find / buy tires like 2 months ago. So he gives
: me the tires.... Bridgestone REVO AT's in 285/75/16...almost $800 worth from
: tirerack w/ shipping. They have hardly any miles on 'em.

: So.........

: The 15x8 Eagle Alloy's I just bought have to go. My wheel guy has already
: ordered my 16x8 set in the same type, and the PA body lift will be on the way
: this week.

   I'm not trying to stir the pot here :-) but since you say you were
happy with the way the rims looked, the cheapskate in me can't help
asking if it wouldn't have been cheaper to just Ebay the Bridgestones
and use the money towards 33x12.50s in the spring? Seems like you're
going to take something of a hit not only on having to buy new rims and
sell your existing ones at a loss, but also future tire changes are
going to slightly more expensive on a 16" rim than they would be for your
15s?

--
                                          -Jon-