Re: ON-Line repair manuals...OT

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 20:37:46 EDT

DAKSY wrote:
> Hey, DML!
> I seem to remember (awhile back..) somebody has found an on-line service
> site, but I can't seem to locate it in the archives...
> The (OT) problem is with my daughter's '86 LeSabre. Hey, it's not a MoPar,
> but it cost $500 & has a rebuilt tranny & 30K miles less than the DAKSY...
> It's got a 3.8l V6 X-verse mounted front WD & I lost the speedo...She got a
> Haynes manual with it, but the speedo cable isn't covered...
> Anybody remember that site or have any experience with this engine/tranny?
> Gotta go sell Hearth Products & won't be back til 6:30PM or so...
> TIA,
>
> Bob (DAKSY) Smith
> DAKSY2K on AIM
> 2K SY Dakota Sport +
> V-6 4 x 4 5 speed
> 2K05 HD 883C YP
>
> http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/
> Averill Park, NY

Hey Bob - it seems that car has a couple of sensors. One in the
transmission, one in the instrument cluster. The car also has a cable.
    First thing I would do is pull the cable and see if it spins - you
might need to pull both ends, to make sure its not snaped in the middle
somewhere. (turn one end while someone watches the other end. If the
cable is not damaged, you may have one or more sensors out. I was able
to get this info just by checking to see what parts are avalible for the
car. Beyond that, unfortunatly I can't give you any more info, as to
where they are located or how to change anything on them.

Hope this helps

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine