Re: ON-Line repair manuals...OT

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 22:49:24 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 8:37 PM
Subject: Re: DML: ON-Line repair manuals...OT

Hey, DBDoMPfIWUMOT

<snip> Hey Bob - it seems that car has a couple of sensors. One in the
 transmission, one in the instrument cluster<snip>

I can see two sensors on the forward side of the radiator "Look" to be
ok...clean...no crud...

<snip> The car also has a cable<snip>

Must be somewhere under the brake booster - COMPLETELY out of sight...I
couldn't see under tha dash, there's more shrouds under there than there are
under the DAKSY!

<snip> First thing I would do is pull the cable and see if it spins - you
 might need to pull both ends, to make sure its not snaped in the middle
 somewhere. (turn one end while someone watches the other end. If the
 cable is not damaged, you may have one or more sensors out<snip>

If I can figure WHERE the cable is, I'll try that,,,It almost sounds like
it's turning under the instrument bezel...a kinda "clicking" sound...Maybe
it sheared?

<snip>I was able to get this info just by checking to see what parts are
available for the
 car. Beyond that, unfortunately I can't give you any more info, as to
where they are located or how to change anything on them<snip>

K...thanx

<snip> Hope this helps<snip>

It certainly helped more than NO answers from the rest of the list...LOL!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed