Time of day to fuel up (was: Plugged Oil Filters)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 06:35:40 EDT

Eric Hufstedler wrote:
> 1st, i'll say that i never buy gas based on time of day.

I certainly do, but it's because the price is usually 5-10 cents per
liter (19-38 cents per gallon) cheaper in the evening, after about
7:00. They do their best to gouge people during the daily commute hours.

I've noticed that the pumps around here all have stickers on them that
read "volume reading corrected to 15 degrees C" (or maybe it was 10
degrees, I don't remember exactly). I'm not sure how they correct the
reading, but that's what it says. Kind of nullifies the "buy gas when
it's colder" idea.