Re: Time of day to fuel up (was: Plugged Oil Filters)

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 06:54:44 EDT

Hey, Jase

<snip> I certainly do, but it's because the price is usually 5-10 cents per
liter (19-38 cents per gallon) cheaper in the evening, after about
7:00. They do their best to gouge people during the daily commute
hours.<snip>

I do too, but now I generally buy in the AM...The local Mobil station, which
is closest to our home & we use "Speedpass"
changes their prices 1st thing in the AM...A good thing if they're going
down...Last summer when the prices were escalating, I'd make sure I bought
on the way fome from work, BEFORE they increased the price...

<snip> I've noticed that the pumps around here all have stickers on them
that
read "volume reading corrected to 15 degrees C" (or maybe it was 10
 degrees, I don't remember exactly). I'm not sure how they correct the
 reading, but that's what it says. Kind of nullifies the "buy gas when
 it's colder" idea<snip>

I haven't noticed any price/temperature corrections locally. I don't agree
with your last statement, tho....If you fill your tank when the temperature
of the TANK is hot, I would think that the amount of fuel that you're
getting into a warm tank would be less because of expansion as it enters the
tank at least inititially, until the tank normalizes itself to the
temperature of the fuel...
Just my $.02...not sure what that computes to in "Loonies" 8-)

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed