Re: Re: Time of day to fuel up (was: Plugged Oil Filters)

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 21:27:36 EDT

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:54:44 -0400, DAKSY <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> <snip> I've noticed that the pumps around here all have stickers on them
> that
> read "volume reading corrected to 15 degrees C" (or maybe it was 10
> degrees, I don't remember exactly). I'm not sure how they correct the
> reading, but that's what it says. Kind of nullifies the "buy gas when
> it's colder" idea<snip>
>
> I haven't noticed any price/temperature corrections locally. I don't
> agree with your last statement, tho....If you fill your tank when the
> temperature of the TANK is hot, I would think that the amount of fuel
> that you're getting into a warm tank would be less because of expansion
> as it enters the tank at least inititially, until the tank normalizes
> itself to the temperature of the fuel...
> Just my $.02...not sure what that computes to in "Loonies" 8-)

In Canada, the volume measurement is compensated based on temperature.
This is not true in the US.
http://www.omega.com/techref/flowmetertutorial.html Read that link. Part 3
is where is explains this.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure