New Windshield

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 19:07:31 EDT

Hey, DML!
Had the windshield replaced in the DAKSY today... about a 45 - 50 minute job
by a glass co. in Albany...Came right out to my workplace to do
it...thankfully, it was dry, because there's no cover at all...
Anyhoo, I first noticed it after my recovery from the rotator cuff
surgery...It was a small crack at the time & since Susan was driving her -
not me - it didn't bother me a whole lot...
Well, it grew & grew & grew to about a foot-and-a-half long & I called
GEICO...I told them I took a stone - at least that's what I thought had
happened...
After the glazier got the old one out, he informed me that the crack was
caused by a BIG (3" dia.) rust spot - UNDER the glass...
Put enuff pressure on it to crack the damn thing...He wire brushed & sanded
& rust inhibitored it & put a big spooge of adhesive over it with a
battery-powered caulk gun (First one of THEM I've ever seen!)
'Course my inspection & registration stickers are kinda floppy, but I'll get
over it & fix em...
Back on the road again!

Later,

Bob (DAKSY) Smith