cheap tires?

From: Craig Faison (cfaison@magpage.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 15:59:02 EDT

Hi all,

I have a 2001 2wd quad cab Dakota. It's tire time... My only criteria are
cheap and all season. I've used Pep Boys specials on my previous Dakota
and was pleased with what I got for my $$ (I wouldn't exactly call them
good tires, but they were worth the $$). Unfortunately, it doesn't look
like they stock anything in 255/65/16, which is what I need.

I do very little snow driving (a few small snows per year here in northern
MD) and can probably make do with any all season tire in the snow.

A friend is a Tire Rack dealer, so I can get online pricing without
shipping through him, and that may well be my best deal. I'm looking at
Kumho Road Venture ST and the General Grabber ST - any thoughts on why I
might choose one over the other?

Any thoughts on where I might find a better deal?

Anyone have one good OEM Goodyear that you want to part with? Due to
alignment issues from the previous owner, I've got 3 good and one crap OEM
Goodyears. I could milk another 15-20k out of my 3 good ones, but I don't
really want to drop $115 on one new one, when I can get a complete set of
tires for $350 or better.

Thanks in advance,
Craig