Re: RE: Ball Joint Bewilderment

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 08:26:30 EDT

Tom, I JUST looked for this tool yesterday. I found a couple different
part numbers... can't remember them now though. The way I found them
was doing google searches, then ebay searches. The FSM calls out tool
C3561... search by that. Like you said, the "socket" size is 2-1/8" -
you can try searching "ball joint socket 2-1/8". Ebay has them for
anywhere from $20 to $60.

Hey, I just tried the search again and came up with this site
http://www.buymopar.com/store/tools.html - take a look at the bottom. $27

Anyway, if you don't want to get the tool, I've successfully pulled
these ball joints with a pipe wrench... but I've also failed pulling
them that way, which is why I'm getting the socket.

Don in CT
89 Dakota Convertible 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340
pbase.com/radon220/mopars