Re: Moog Part Numbers for '92 Dak 2WD w/PS

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 11:29:19 EDT

In article <20061020062359.59087.qmail@web33204.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
dkramarsky68@yahoo.com (Dan Kramarsky) writes:

> Well, I thought I would pass on all the research I am doing on suspension.
I got a
> 2004 Moog Catalog and this is what I know for 1987 to 1996 Dakota Pickup RWD
with Power
> Steering:
>

> Upper Arm Bushing Kit: #K7084 ( 2 kits are required per truck )
>
> Lower Arm Bushing Kit: #K7164 ( 2 kits are required per truck )
>
> Upper Ball Joint: #K778
>
> Lower Ball Joint: #K7025
>
> Upper Control Arm Bumper: #K7293
>
> Steering Gear Mount Bushings: #K8263
>
> Steering Gear Bellows: #K7186 ( use same part # for both RH and LH
bellow )

> R.H. Outer Tie Rod: #ES3011RL
>
> R.H. Inner #EV252
>
> L.H. Inner #EV252
>
> L.H. Outer #ES3011RL
>
> Rear Leaf Spring Bushing: #SB266 ( its seems that this is one bushing.
so 4 are
> required )
>

> I am however looking for part numbers for the "upper control arm pivot shaft"
and the
> washer and nuts that go on that shaft to hold the upper control arm in place.
  Anyone
> have an idea? Should I just ask the local stealer for this part?

When I did mine I reused all hardware and just replaced the bushings. I also
got my balljoints from O'Reillys. Theirs have a lifetime warranty as well, half
the price of Moogs, come with a zerk fitting, and my research indicated that
the Autodrive house brand they sell are actually made by Moog anyway.

I used energy suspension stuff in mine. Complete bushing replacement. The
control arms are a PITA, but doable. I used a shop press for some of them, and
a hammer to pound out others. A good shot of PB Blaster the night before would
have helped.

ES sells a complete rear end kit as well. I haven't put mine on yet. Also ES
bushings for the steering rack and front swaybar.

I put Monroe Sens-a-Tracs on my truck, stock height, and I really like them. Of
course for the money I couldn't complain anyway. Did a warranty return at Sears
for my old Sears brand shocks so I only paid $50 for 4 new shocks.

I am putting a Hellwig rear sway on this winter. Keeping the stock front sway
with ES bushings. Later I may upgrade to the bigger Addco one in the front. I
have no plans to drop my truck though.

Kevin