Re: Did I speak too soon?

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 15:35:57 EDT

Yeah I believe that. I anticipated Dodge being a little different, so
I bought a "4x4 ball joint tool kit" (mfgr is OTC i think) which
claimed to have everything you need to service Dodge (and some other
brands) pressed-in joints. Something along the lines of $60 for the
kit, with a case. It had 3 different tube sizes, a couple plates, an
installer tube, and two other cup doohickeys, plus the press. The
installer tube (thats what i'm calling it cause it was the only tube
that fit over the stud) is closed at one end and fits completely over
the stud, but sits against the bottom of the ball joint housing. That
plus the correct tube & plate on top of the LCA worked perfectly.