Re: Re: vandalism

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 13:07:29 EST

"Josh Battles" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> wrote:

: On Sat, October 28, 2006 2:16 pm, Biff Byrum wrote:
:>
:> That's pure BS. Time to fight back. Looks? like young and inexperienced to
:> me. Biff

: No kidding. It'll be getting a sweet security system before I put any more
: stereo into it. I'm tired of forced upgrades.

   That sucks. Sorry to hear that, Josh! I know that a lot of
older restored vehicles use a system called "secret audio"; the
idea being to hide the system away so that the car doesn't appear
modified from stock, but this would also hide it from thieves.
You could maybe make a block-off panel for the radio, which you
could make to swing up out of the way and have a bundle of dummy
wires back there which you could pull out and leave hanging out of
the opening when you park it - would make it look to a thief that
somebody already beat 'em to your radio.

   The only catch is I'm not sure how advanced these secret
audio systems are, wether they would have the features you
might want like playing mp3s or what have you. Might be an
option to check out though?

--
                                          -Jon-