Daktoberfest Return

From: Chris Reck (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 17:42:18 EST

Tom and I left at 9 AM Sunday and ran into some very strong wind from the
2-3 o'clock position. Once we got past PA, it sort of died down.

Now for a little bit of fun begins...

I was nagging tom over the radio about a weird feeling that the "Pit" was
not done with us yet, as we all seem to have gotten off easy.

For the first 300 miles of the trip, I was hearing a slight (spoon clack)
noise coming from the engine. This was nothiung new, as I had heard it
whenever it was below 40 degrees and before I replaced the factory fan
clutch. After torqing on the belt tensioner, it stopped that.

Around 400 miles out (at a gas stop in Swanton, OH), I then noticed a slight
squeal whenever the truck moved at any speed. Tom deduced (correctly) that
it was one of the u-joints within the front driveshaft that was making the
noise. We took it off in the parking lot and no more squeal. I ended up
making it home without any problems. TOM! YOU SAVED ME A TRANSFER CASE!

I'm now looking to replace all three u-joints on the front drive shaft to be
safe. I've found that AC Delco makes a greasable joint, but I can't figure
out which part to choose. I was going to order them from RockAuto online
but they have very generic descriptions. Can someone who knows the parts go
to the following link and let me know what to order? I'd like the
heavy-duty greasable ones...

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1353989,parttype,2392

I think I need one of these three parts, but I can't tell.

      ACDELCO Part # 45U0115
         JOINT KIT,PROP SHF FRT UNIVERSAL -; HIGH STRENGTH (GREASEABLE)
         DIAGRAM G, POSITION 3 - REFERENCED IN PAPER CATALOG
         4 WHEEL DRIVE {GREASABLE U-JOINT #89029297}

      ACDELCO Part # 45U0111
         JOINT KIT,F/AXL PROP SHF FRT UNIVERSAL -; HIGH STRENGTH
(GREASEABLE)
         DIAGRAM G, POSITION 2 - REFERENCED IN PAPER CATALOG
         4 WHEEL DRIVE {GREASABLE U-JOINT #89029293}

      ACDELCO Part # 45U0111
         JOINT KIT,F/AXL PROP SHF RR UNIVERSAL -; DOUBLE CARDAN JOINT
         2 REQUIRED; HIGH STRENGTH (GREASEABLE)
         DIAGRAM G, POSITION 1 - REFERENCED IN PAPER CATALOG
         4 WHEEL DRIVE {GREASABLE U-JOINT #89029293}

Thanks!

Chris Reck