Re: Daktoberfest 2006 Summary

From: Chris Reck (chris92@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 22:09:52 EST

To add to this e-mail (most of the useful comments are at the end).

Total Miles: 1242
Gas Used: 82.461 gallons
Gas Cost: $187.02
Avg MPG: 15.045

Yes Jon, thank you very much for being the host. It was the first time I
got any major off-roading in with my truck and was very surprised and
relieved that nothing major happened (I consider the u-joints to be
serviceable items). It was fun to finally meet everyone from the list.

Again with the ribs.... Am I now going to be called Chef and then get killed
off if I switch to a Ford again?

Thanks Tom for the driveshaft help. I wouldn't have thought to remove it
there. I probably would have just driven with it and then had something
explode later on. I'll definitely look into setting up a Midwest meet
sometime. There's no off-roading by my house, but while driving in Indiana
south of Portage, I did see about 30 trucks completely covered in brown mud
(worse than at Daktoberfest). I'll have to figure out where they were
coming from.

Chris Reck