CB in a Gen1-2

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 10:56:20 EST

I'm looking at getting a CB, but sqeezing extra sctuff into a regcab
is always difficult. So, who's got a CB in a Gen 1 or 2? Where did you
put it? Any pictures of the mounting?

Tom, I know you've got one where the ashtray used to be. How far does
it stick out...? I have the shifter to deal with on mine, and it
clears my ashtray by less than in inch in 1st, 3rd, & 5th (in fact, in
these gears, I can't even open the ashtray fully!) You have any
pictures?

Also, anyone install their antenna somewhere other than the roof?
Obviously I don't have a roof... I'm thinking about putting one in my
brush guard. That poses two slight problems... 1) it will act slightly
directional mounted there 2) It won't look good as a towering whip -
I'm thinking 3ft is only slightly obnoxious, but I'm gonna try it. So
I'm thinking about alternatives or where I might put a second antenna
(step bumper is the best I've come up with so far). I use my tonneau
cover, so that rules out most of the bed.

Thanks
Don in CT
89 Dakota Convertible 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340