Re: CB in a Gen1-2

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 23:11:11 EST

On Nov 10, 2006, at 22:57, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Mike Maskalans used a Firestick antenna in the stock location on
> his GenIII and I'm pretty sure that allows the use of his radio and
> his CB? But I'm not totally positive.

it's not in the stock location anymore, I got one of the fender bolt
mounts. I'd modified the stock antenna mount for a CB, but it didn't
like to stay tight and it was a major pain to tighten.

I'm using FireStik's splitter so my 3' FireStik II is also my am/fm
antenna. works very very well, but I don't have any comparison to
stock. I do know I get better FM reception in the Dak than in the
Jetta, but IMO the Jetta has genarally weak FM reception.

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |