Satellite radio

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2006 - 16:21:42 EST

I'd like to ask a question of anyone who has an in-dash stereo that gets
satellite (either a factory Sirius unit or aftermarket). What model do
you have, and what kind of information displays do you get when
listening to the satellite?

We've been using an add-on XM tuner, but I'd like to go to an in-dash
receiver because this is a mess of wires. What I *do* like about the
one we have is that it has a two-line info display, that'll do either
station name + artist, or station + song, or artist + song. I'd like it
even better if it had three lines and could display all of that
information simultaneously.

None of the marketing materials for the aftermarket head units gives
enough information on what they display from the satellite, and the
salesdroid at the local audio shop doesn't really know either. And of
course none of their display models has a satellite tuner hooked up to it.

Thanks.