Re: Satellite radio

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 06:52:19 EST

On Sat, December 2, 2006 10:30 pm, andy levy said:

> Have you looked at the Mopar satellite-ready head unit(s)?

I haven't been able to find a whole lot of information about them. I was
hoping someone on the list would have one. (Anyone?)

>From the pictures I've found, it looks like they only have a one-line display.
 I haven't been able to determine if they're even capable of showing the
artist and song info, or if all it knows is the station number. IMHO, the
song info is one of the big selling points of satellite radio (along with no
commercials and being able to pick it up wherever we happen to be).

Thanks to those who have suggested to look for manuals on the web sites. I've
been collecting a few of them. So far, I'm leaning towards a Pioneer
DEH-6800MP (http://tinyurl.com/ylaafv ... I was going to link to the
Crutchfield page, but their site is down for maintenance at the moment). Nice
display, and it will also work with the steering wheel controls with the right
adapter kit.

Nothing is definite yet, though. I might just come up with a better way to
mount the external tuner we already have, rather than spend the money on a
head unit. Something that doesn't involve sticky tape.