RE: RE: Jeep Liberty

From: Marc W. Grobe (mgrobe@leghorncomputing.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 00:18:27 EST

I attend Jeep's Camp Jeep and I spoke with a rep. from Bosch (who had the Fuel Injection contract). He indicated that it was a market test from DC. That they were selling the diesels below value to see how it was received. No matter how good it sold it was going away after the two years. He said the emissions excuse is an easy one to temper the consumer.

Bosch has the FI on the new Grand Cherokee diesel and he seemed that it was a market test as well. That there would be a few years of limited quantity.

If what he has said above is true then that is sad, because I believe actual, legitimate, I will definitely drop the coin on a new vehicle if you make this (which I would) consumer does exist in sufficient quantities to make such vehicles (notice the plural) feasible. The diesel would help there CAFÉ numbers as well. Win-win.

-Marc-