Re: DML Help With Turn Signal Flasher

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 14:36:54 EST

Hey, Tim...

<snip> Can anyone help me out here please? I'm in digest mode, so if
anyone has a
quick pointer please<snip>

You have to drop the steering column opening cover to access the flasher
unit as follows:

1. Disconnect the negative cable on the battery - so you don't trigger the
air bag.

2. Remove three screws retaining the cover...IIRC they're #2 Phillips...

3. Gently pry the upper edge of the cover away from the steering column to
relaease the retainer clips...Might have to use a small flat bar...

4. Reach in along the outboard side of the column & you should be able to
feel the relay at the forward side of the fuse block...

5. It the relay panel should snap off the fise panel by pushing it towards
the driver door.

6. Pull the relay panel towards the steering column & you can remove the
flasher unit ...

7. Reverse the steps for install...

"Ping" me on AIM if you need a quicker response!

HTH,

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +