Re: 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT 4.7 heater core leak

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 19:34:25 EDT

Ray Irons wrote:

> --- Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> (in part)
>

>>three busted-ass daks, a gas hog, and a rollerskate
>

> OK forgive me, Tom, I've been away for a while. Had
> togo back to the east coast for a couple months to
> help out the folks when my Dad had open heart surgery.

wow! Hope hes doing well Ray!

> Isn't something missing from your signature line?
> Something with two wheels? Don't tell me you had a
> close encounter of another kind with it. Or did you
> sell it? Gonna buy that "other" two wheeled wonder you
> were eyeballing last year?

Yeah I know... I was in a pissy mood and changed the sig line on a whim
and the way I wrote it up sounded snappy, so I left the Honda out.

I still have it, as a matter of fact I fired it up yesterday after work.
  My temp licence expires in a couple days, and I wanted to ride it
today. I almost dragged it out but the yard is full of snow and I
didn't feel like shoveling a path out. Plus its still not running real
great. I'm starting to suspect a weak ignition. I know theres a wire
gremelin in there... the tail light and brake lights work
intermittantly. I'm tempted to tear it down and restore it frame up,
and buy something newer to ride, thats a bit more dependable and less
abused.

> I took mine out for a nice easy 259 mile romp last
> Thursday. I'm planning a couple of touring trips this
> summer, end of June. One to Yosemite NP and the other
> to North Pacific Coast, probably into Redwood National
> Forest.

heh 259 miles - just a quick run aroudn the block :-P