RE: RE: Water Pump

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 18:57:54 EDT

So what I thought was the pump actually wasn't. Here's what I've concluded:

The engine makes a squeaking noise from the front accessory area. The
squeaking starts and sometimes stalls the engine.
With a stethoscope, the noise was loudest from the water pump so I thought
the water pump was bad.
Replaced it (and the power steering pump since it had a slight leak, and the
tensioner since I was in there).
Noise still there and stalled a couple more times but now doesn't stall
anymore.
Here's what I THINK: I may have spun a bearing. The noise was loudest from
the water pump since that's what makes the most contact with the block and
transferred the noise the best.
The stalling stopped because the notches and what ever else on a bearing
finally sheared off, but it still sequels sometimes.
Is this a possibility?
Any other ideas?

Thanks,
James