Re: BBQ plans Was: I've finally got some good news...

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 09:51:24 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Yes, I've got pics from myself, you, Don, Korey and Mike. The
> directory looks to be about 4GB, so I guess that makes it DVDs instead
> of CDs. :-) Although we might be able to trim that down, your
> parents' pics are in there too at about 1.8GB, but IIRC, a lot of them
> were unrelated to the meet so we can probably go through those and
> put that folder on a serious diet.

Definitely. My dad had just upgraded to the 10M pixel camera, and he
was playing with it quite a bit. Depending on how many of them we end
up keeping, I can go through and size them down if you need.

> Sounds good; see you then! My Dad put some of his earthbox garden
> next to your usual parking spot, I'm not sure how much that will
> effect our plans, I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes.

We can deal with being out in a field somewhere. We'll need to put some
water in the fresh tank for washing up, but we'll have the battery for
lights. We'll have our silly little solar panel for all the good it'll
do. We'll probably be spending most of our time at the barn anyway.

> I didn't do anything as far as coffee goes, I got
> unanimously voted out of that job a few years back (probably has
> something to do with me not being a coffee drinker and thus not
> knowing the difference between a good cup of joe and a cup of mud) :-)
> I think Norah was planning to handle that though so if there are any
> addicts out there you may not have to go without. :-)

She hadn't planned on it, but when I mentioned it she agreed that she
would rather do it herself. Do we need to bring our coffee maker? She
just told me that she also has her old-fashioned espresso maker packed.

Do you have a cooking stove around? We have a Coleman, but no propane
for it (better get some). The espresso maker is the stove top kind.

> I heard from Josh and he is planning to arrive sometime tomorrow.

He'll have to survive on Tim Horton's until Norah gets there to make the
coffee. :-)

> Oh, speaking of BBQ "events", a couple of years ago, we headed out
> to an ice cream/hamburger stand that has a cruise-in every friday
> evening. Did you folks want to do that again? Its about a 20 minute
> drive. An alternative to that is the "usual" (non-cruise-in) ice
> cream stand which is about 10 minutes away. I suppose the weather
> could dictate our options there somewhat.

I'm up for whatever.

> It has been cold here the last couple of days (50) and I am hoping
> that nonsense stops in time for the shenanigans.

Yeah, we had to pick the coldest night to camp out. We went from
sweltering in our no-ventilation apartment to freezing in our
no-insulation trailer.