Re: BBQ plans Was: I've finally got some good news...

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 23:06:36 EDT

Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> Sounds good; see you then! My Dad put some of his earthbox garden
>> next to your usual parking spot, I'm not sure how much that will
>> effect our plans, I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes.

> We can deal with being out in a field somewhere. We'll need to put some
> water in the fresh tank for washing up, but we'll have the battery for
> lights. We'll have our silly little solar panel for all the good it'll
> do. We'll probably be spending most of our time at the barn anyway.

    Sounds good; there might be room to put it in the usual spot, but
we'll figure out something. :-) The well ran dry yesterday so we've
got to go easy on the water, but I'm hoping it will mostly recover by the
weekend.

>> I didn't do anything as far as coffee goes, I got
>> unanimously voted out of that job a few years back (probably has
>> something to do with me not being a coffee drinker and thus not
>> knowing the difference between a good cup of joe and a cup of mud) :-)
>> I think Norah was planning to handle that though so if there are any
>> addicts out there you may not have to go without. :-)

> She hadn't planned on it, but when I mentioned it she agreed that she
> would rather do it herself. Do we need to bring our coffee maker? She
> just told me that she also has her old-fashioned espresso maker packed.

    I have that big commercial style one around here somewhere, or I
could bring a more normal style down from the house possibly.

> Do you have a cooking stove around? We have a Coleman, but no propane
> for it (better get some). The espresso maker is the stove top kind.

    I do have the powdercoating oven, we'd probably just have to blow
the dust off the burners first. :-)

>> It has been cold here the last couple of days (50) and I am hoping
>> that nonsense stops in time for the shenanigans.

> Yeah, we had to pick the coldest night to camp out. We went from
> sweltering in our no-ventilation apartment to freezing in our
> no-insulation trailer.

   Heheh! So that cold snap was YOUR fault, eh? :-) Speaking of
weather, the precipitation chance for Friday went up to 60% and they
are saying strong thunderstorms in the afternoon possibly. Saturday
is still the same, sunny and clear.

--
                                          -Jon-