RE: What PCM to run 94 5.9 in 92 Dak?

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 09:24:27 EDT

A '93 Ram/Van 5.9 PCM will work perfectly with that 5.9 in your '92 Dak,
assuming all the sensors and injectors are the same as used on a '93 5.9.

You could compare these at NAPA (or your favorite auto parts store/dealer)
to be sure.

It should be noted that the '94 PCM "may" work, if the expected fuel
pressure and sensors are the same as '92-'93. A '92 5.2 PCM will also work
but won't be "right". I've compared a 5.2 to a 5.9 PCM on my truck and
there are significant differences in the fuel and timing curves. (a scanner
is sooo helpful!) For best performance, stick with a PCM designed for the
size engine you're using.

Ray
'92 Dakota