94 5.9 into a '92 Dak

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2007 - 09:51:29 EDT

James J writes: >>I have a 94 5.9L out of a B-van I want to
rebuild and drop in my 92 Dakota with A-518 trans. <<

Did the '92 have a V8?? If yes, then the computer that came
in it will work.. If it had some other engine, then I'm not sure,
but I'm pretty sure that the '92 had the V8 as an option, so I
would assume that you could just get the computer for the V8
and plug it in and go. Now if the '92 was throttle body FI and
you are wanting to retain the '94's multipoint FI, I don't have
a clue.. I do however, have an old '89 Dak with the V6 that is
very tired as well as over 200K miles and would like very much
to update it to a V8, so what ever you find out that works, please
keep the list advised!! (I do have a '95 V8 and a 518 available for
this very application - just haven't found the time to do all the
research and actually get into doing it)..

I've learned that ignoring the
facts do not change the facts,
Azie