RE: Re: RE: Headers/TBI

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2007 - 01:42:34 EDT

I thought I already said that. ;-)

To clarify....LA and Magnum heads have the same *exhaust* bolt pattern and
the port shape is very close, so you can use early or late manifolds/headers
on either engine.

If you get ones made for a Gen II Dakota, your only custom issue will be
connecting them to the rest of the exhaust system. Since you already have
duals it should be rather simple.

The best manifolds are from '92-'93 and can be found easily and cheaply. I
was shifting at 5200 and running in the high 14's with the stock manifolds.
At that point, switching to headers made only a minor difference. Not
really worth the money with that combination. They probably help more now
that I'm shifting at 6000....and running high 12's, although I've never
uncapped them so all I know is how it runs through a full single exhaust.
:-)

Ray