Headers, TBI, now cam

From: russell toalson (rtoalson@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 18:31:05 EDT

For the throttle body use a 360 model. It is larger than the 318 version.
Use a factory gasket to scribe the correct opening on the intake manifold.
Shop here in my town charged $20 to do the machining. This is what was done
on the MP Shelby Performance kit to adapt the larger tb to the intake.. On
my Shelby I used a Hughes Engines HEH 1928 AL cam. 489/524 lift, 219/228
duration at .050 I had no computer issues with this cam and it performed
well. Increased power right up to the too low rpm limit. Slightly choppy
idle and no loss of fuel mileage. If you are not planning on doing the
heads, cam, timing set, exhaust together I would wait until it is time to
pull the engine and save the cost and effort of the cam change alone. There
just isn't enough of a gain to change only the cam and leave in the low po
valve springs and timing set in my experience. Good luck.
Russ

http://newlivehotmail.com