Re: Headers, TBI, now cam

From: Tom Byrne (kerib@ptd.net)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 20:31:51 EDT

 I am doing the headers and intake manifold right now (possibly cold air
induction as well). I have true dual exhaust with twin cats already. The cam
would be the last piece done. I don't think I will be having the engine
rebuilt any time soon. With compression between 170 and 175 pounds between
all 8 cylinders and the truck running very low 16s (16.10 two weeks ago),
the engine doesn't appear to be too tired. I will be using an Edelbrock
Performer Manifold as it matches the 318 ports really well and has the
offset water neck which allows me to retain the OEM a/c. The adapter from
Jon Steiger should do the trick with the mounting of the TB. I would love to
find a 360 TB, but they are few and far between. Is the Hughes cam still in
production?