Re: RE: Re: RE: Headers

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 16:25:37 EDT

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> [...]

   I believe the Mopar part number for the gasket is 53010000. I'm
not sure about the block-off plate though, I didn't realize that Mopar
even sold one.

   Shameless plug: I actually do sell an EGR block-off plate for
about $10. Its 1/4" aluminum and comes with two grade 8 bolts in a
black oxide finish. (The bolts have the finish, the plate itself is
raw aluminum.) It does not include the gasket though, so you'd
need to buy one from the dealer (or perhaps an auto parts store would
have one), or you may be able to get away with just using some Ultra
Copper RTV instead of the gasket, or find some old header gaskets and
cut one out.

     http://www.steigerperformance.com/dif.cgi?sp01010

--
                                          -Jon-