RE: Headers

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 06:38:05 EDT

I found the block off plates in '95 when I installed my headers. Unlike the
exhaust manifold, my header doesn't capture the bolt so nuts and lock
washers are necessary. I use stainless for ease of disassembly.

I still have a couple EGR block off plates for the beer barrel intake
manifold. (I don't know why) They aren't necessary for aftermarket intakes
as those usually come with a plug for the port in the intake if you don't
connect the EGR.

> I actually do sell an EGR block-off plate for about $10.
> http://www.steigerperformance.com/dif.cgi?sp01010

Good to know, Jon.

> It does not include the gasket though, so you'd
> need to buy one from the dealer (or perhaps an auto parts store would
> have one), or you may be able to get away with just using some Ultra
> Copper RTV instead of the gasket, or find some old header gaskets and
> cut one out.

I couldn't have said that any better. ;-)

Ray