What tools should i use?

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 13:46:04 EDT

Hey everybody. i recently got a new car (07 BMW X3 3.0si - SWEET), and the
dak is going to be getting all the upgrades that i've been purchasing over
the years (yes, i said years). included in those upgrades is a
cam/heads/intake swap, that'll be the toughest thing i've probably ever done
(mechanically).

my question is the following: what tools should i have in my "bag" to use?
i've already got the basics: mechanic's tool kit (ratchet wrench, several
extension, swivel attachment), 1/2" impact gun and 3/8" torque wrench.
however, there are a couple of things that i KNOW i'm going to have to
buy/rent, including the clutch fan removal tool (please, please tell me how
to get that thing to work. last time i tried, i wasn't able to) and a
gasket scraper.

just so everyone understands what i'm going up against here: included in the
swap is the cam, intake, heads, RR's, and timing chain. i have the MP
timing chain, so any help regarding this is much appreciated.

oh, and the cam i'll be using is the equivalent of the KRC 206X cam, but for
the 3.9L.

thanks for the help!

Gabriel A. Couriel

2006 DML Fantasy Football Champion