Re: What tools should i use?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 16:30:06 EDT

"Gabriel A. Couriel" <gcouriel@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> my question is the following: what tools should i have in my "bag" to use?

   I've always used a simple formula for determining what tools I
need. For any given tool, I just ask myself "Do I own one already?"
If the answer is "no", then I need it. And sometimes I need it even
if the answer is "yes"... ;-) (Many times my wallet rells me that I
can't buy the tool in question, but its affordability has no bearing
on my "need" for it.) :-)

> just so everyone understands what i'm going up against here: included in the
> swap is the cam, intake, heads, RR's, and timing chain. i have the MP
> timing chain, so any help regarding this is much appreciated.

   Does the cam in the Magnum motor need to be indexed, or is it one
of those "line up the marks and its good enough" kinda deals? If its
the former, you might need a dial type micrometer with a magnetic or
clamp base and a degree wheel to time the cam properly.

--
                                          -Jon-