Brake booster

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2007 - 17:08:04 EDT

When replacing the brake booster, is there anything else that needs to be
replaced at the same time? Anything I might as well replace as long as I'm at
it? I just like to have all the necessary parts gathered before tearing
things apart. This is for the 2001.

I'm not positive it actually needs replacing, but the brakes aren't exactly
confidence inspiring. They feel a bit mushy, they have a tendency to glaze
the rotors, and recently they've started squeaking. The pads and shoes look
like they have plenty of life left on them. I have a set of Powerslot rotors
up front, although I don't remember exactly what the pads are. Something in
the middle of Autozone's price range. I had the fluid flushed and replaced
last summer in Colorado, with no noticeable difference.

I've heard about an adjustment to the pedal travel. I've also heard that it's
so much of a pain to get to, that I might as well just replace the booster.
What's the deal with that?

Thanks.