RE: Royal Purple motor oil

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2007 - 01:40:32 EDT

The post should have read:

List

There has been some discussion about mobile one having been reformulated and having
less scuff protection than it had in the past.

Probably not important in a roller cam car but people have reported flat tappet
cam damage on newly rebuilt engines..

Hardly a ringing endorsement for a synthetic oil.

I don't know if Royal Purple still has the good stuff in it or not.

shell rotella t and other diesel rated oils seem to be better in flat tappet engines
than mobile 1 oil.

the other line of reasoning is to use diesel rated oil for break-in and then synthetic is fine.

just my 2 cents for the second time....guess i'm up to $0.04

rob/ferts/phx