Re: Extended warranty

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 22:41:29 EDT

On 07/23/2007 23:04, Brian wrote:
> You never got that response from the non-5star dealers because they aren't
> 5-star dealers and the surveys don't mean shit to them. For a 5-star
> dealer, the survey is a large part of them keeping their 5-star status. For
> a dealer that doesn't have the 5-star rating, they don't sweat surveys
> because they can't lose anything from bad surveys.

I always felt like the non-5-stars I went to were willing to put extra
effort into making me happy.

For example, on my '99, I had the normal front bumper paint chipping
problem. Took it to my local 5-star, they repainted, I pointed out some
spots that didn't look to be done right, and they grumbled about having
to touch it up.

When I discovered that my the wiper arm on my '03 was banging into the
trailing edge of the hood, taking the paint off, the non-5-star adjusted
the arm, then touched up the paint. When I picked it up, I took a look
at the touch-up job, and before I could say anything, the service writer
said "I don't think you're happy with the touch-up job. Give me 2 days,
we'll take it back down to the body shop, clean it all up and repaint
that area right." I said OK, they did it, and it was worth the extra
wait. One could argue that they should have done that in the first
place, but the point is that he volunteered to go back and redo the job
before I could ask.

--
-andy

http://home.rochester.rr.com/alevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------