Re: 4x4 transmission swap into 2wd?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 23:02:58 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:

> Duh, the obvious answer, complete powertrain sawp = 4x4 van... You
> could even Maskalize it for extra style points..

   That thought did actually occur to me. :-) However, it goes
against my overall philosophy with this project of getting it done
with a minimum of fuss. :-) I've got too many projects in the wings
and I need to start seeing some progress on some of 'em! :-)

   The thought of leaving the transfer case in there also occured to
me, but having no particular need for a van with 2lo capability, it
would seem a waste of a perfectly good transfer case without a front
diff to hook it to. (Naturally this leads to the thought of "so then
install a front diff", and now we're back to conflict with the overall
project goals.) :-)

--
                                          -Jon-