Re: buzzing relay???

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jul 30 2007 - 10:27:47 EDT

David Gersic <info@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 29 July 2007 03:39 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> yesterday morning and there was a buzzing sound coming from under the
>> hood of my Cherokee. The electric fan relay in the PDC was buzzing
>> exactly like a piezo speaker!

> I wouldn't think the fan relay would be engaged with the truck parked and cold
> from sitting overnight, though.

   Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The only power to the relay
should be on one of the switched terminals, but not on the coil
circuit. So in order for it to be a problem with the relay, it would
have to be buzzing from the voltage on the circuit it is switching,
because there wouldn't be power at any of the other terminals.
Anything is possible, I suppose. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-