Re: RE: K&N FIPK Heat Shield

From: Kyle Kozubal (solocamxt@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 22:56:59 EDT

The RC-5040 filter flows 660.91 CFM, which is more
than enough air flow for my 4.7L V8

I have had great results when using a 900-1000 cfm
filter on both the 3.9L V6 and the 5.9L V8 motors.

I have a 68.50 MM TB on order and was looking to
increease ait flow into the TB, to around 850-1000
CFM.

The K&N FIPK gets air flow from the duct coming out of
the passenger side fender. The duct is rather small,
restrictive, and mostly blocked by the PCM.

I am going to install a larger filter and remove the
heatshield, and see what happens.

Kyle