Re: Exhaust Manifold Flange Bolts

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 02:00:37 EDT

Hey, Barry!

<> I just had the same problem, and I ended up using 5/16 grade 8's IIRC,
 but buy a full thread bolt, that is about 2 " longer than it needs to
 be, and then double nut with a lock washer... you will thank me on
 that... I could prolly go measure if you really need it, but it's just
 more effective to replace the whole bolt, washer, nut and be done with
it..<>

K. Thanx, bud.
Don't know if I have a deep socket that'll receive that much length, tho...
I'd almost given up on the list...& was gonna repost
It seems that some of the subject matter gets lots of answers, & some gets
none...
Most of my inquiries seem to fall into the latter group...
Didja use the same length bolts on both sides?

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed