Trouble Code P0138

From: Kurt Cypher (cyphercats@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2007 - 18:53:34 EST

I've had an intermittent "Check Engine Light" for a couple of weeks
now, and I've finally been able to get a scanner connected to read
it. It's showing P0138, about which the scanner's manual says
"Oxygen Sensor Circuit /Heater High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)"

After a brief search online, it looks like this is generally taken
care of by checking the wiring from the sensor to the PCM, or by
replacing the sensor itself.

Any suggestions on anything else to check with this code? Also, if
it comes down to replacing it, how difficult is it to replace this
for someone who hasn't really spent much time crawling under vehicles
over the years, but is starting to work on his vehicles himself more
often, to try to save some money?

Thanks,
Kurt