Re: ADMIN: Dakota Mailing List Ettiquite [Monthly Posting]

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2008 - 19:35:02 EST

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:14:04 -0500, Andy Levy <andy.levy@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, the most recent reply should always be on the *bottom*. You read
> top to bottom - the thread should go that way too. One shouldn't have
> to scroll UP to read a discussion.
>
> A: You try reading a 20-post thread this way
> Q: Why is top-posting bad?

THANK YOU!! Finally! Someone who is rational!. I tried explaining to my
g/f that is the right way to do it. She always will forward me an email
that includes many replies and they are all backwards and I can't make any
sense out of what went on in the message. We read top to bottom! Not
bottom to top. I blame it all on outlook. That stupid ass client throws
the signature line on top of the replied to text. So all these internet
noobs put their reply there.

You should snip because 5 time quoted posts are unreadable. If you want
to know what the rest of the thread said, go to the archives. That's why
they are there.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure