Re: is this the end of the Dakota?

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 10:08:46 EST

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:10:36 -0500, Aaron Wyse <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't exactly say great for kids.. tolerable maybe. But like you
> said.. it was done because of price; if the quads were not priced so
> high;
> people that would like the seating would step up. and once again.. Dodge
> wants to make people choose between seats or cargo. Like the full
> sizes.
> Mega with a short bed only. If you could have gotten a QC Dak with the
> long
> bed for little more than the CC Dak.
> Aaron

But I don't want a vehicle that long. If the dak is still around when I
buy new again, I will consider a quad cab again. Only because I don't
think my cargo needs require the size bed on my CC.

Dodge has been really out of step with what the market is demanding. It
took them far too long to offer the rear door on the CC. It also took them
ages to offer a v8 that competes with the other brands. I was also really
annoyed when I went to buy my truck and they didn't offer the 3.7. That's
why I got the 4.7. It gets about the same milage as my 3.9 did in my 96.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure