Re: Made in China

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 10:13:49 EST

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:16:03 -0500, Tom Byrne <kerib@ptd.net> wrote:

> I agree with him that there should have been spending cuts. I do not
> agree that the tax cuts were just for the rich. Unless you believe as
> some leftists do that everyone making $70k or more is rich. I believe he
> did not vote for the cuts for both reasons. One which I agree and one I
> do not.

I think at the time of the tax cut on dividends I was making somewhere
around 38k a year and that put me in the 25% tax bracket because I am
single. So those cuts did benefit me benefited me because I own dividend
paying stocks. Maybe if people were more wise about their spending and
invested their money in stocks instead of credit card debt, they would
benefit from the tax cut. I was, however, against them because of the
increase in spending that took place to pay for the wars. I'm all for tax
cuts, but cutting your income while increaseing your spending is not
fiscally responsible.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure