Re: ADMIN: Dakota Mailing List Ettiquite [Monthly Posting]

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 02:56:38 EST

Steve Preston <steveophonic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jon,I re-read your guidelines and recommendations and
> stuff,and I agree 1000%!! But I feel there should be
> just a little more...

> What about personal etiquette? What about what we
> should be doing while on the DML that others may not
> be able to hear or see?

> For instance....posture. Are we fully erect while
> posting? This is important. We can't be slouchers. Our
> wives could tell us if we're falling short in this
> regard. Secondly,do we have both elbows on the
> computer desk,or are we laying both hands on the
> laptop as we type? I pray not,but we can't just assume
> that everyone on the list has even the most basic
> manners,especially those that happen to reside in the
> lower half of the U.S. We just can't. So Jon,anything
> you could add to the monthly posting in that vein
> would be helpful as well..

Steve,

    The issues you raise are of critical importance, but have no fear,
they *are* being addressed - albeit outside of the normal channels.
You see, anyone who subscribes to the DML automatically has malware
loaded onto their computers which allows me to spy on them. (That
reminds me, some of you *really* need to be more creative when
choosing an online banking password!)

    Although nothing is mentioned officially in the DML rules (and I
admit that I am unable to watch every member all of the time), rest
assured that I *do* randomly monitor the personal etiquette of the
DML. I enforce breaches of same by personally visiting the homes of
those who have been found wanting, where I mete out various
disciplinary actions, the most common of which is to wait until you
fall asleep and then dump three bushels of thirsty, rabid weasels into
your bed. (Up to 47% of said weasels may contain mange, and I reserve
the right to attach friggin' laser beams to their heads.)

    Granted, this does tend to get expensive, what with first class
round trip airfare and speculation in the rabid weasel futures market,
but I feel that these issues are too important to ignore. You can
expect enforcement to continue, as I do not anticipate the rising
costs to be a major hurdle. Well, not until more of you change your
online banking passwords, anyway.

--
                                          -Jon-