Re: RE: Help needed: O2 Sensor part numbers

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 21:23:52 EDT

On Friday 23 May 2008 01:02 pm, Brian wrote:
> You CAN buy the direct fit Bosch O2s that have factory style connectors on

Yeah, I found that out later, after ordering these. That would be more
convenient, but I don't think the problem is with the connector, or the
splice.

> them. But Bosch O2 sensors suck as you have found out. Most of the guys
> in the R/T community buy the Walker brand O2 sensors from
> www.oxygensensors.com They are cheaper than the Mopar ones and can't say
> I've heard of any problems with them, unlike the Bosch ones.

I've seen you mention those before. Right now, I'm a bit gun-shy on the idea
of non-Mopar O2 sensors. If the Mopar ones work and correct the problems I've
been having, they should be good for 100K miles. If I make my goal (200K
miles), maybe the next set I'll try some Walker ones. Then again, at the rate
I put miles on my truck, by the time I make 200K, there's a good chance I'll
have to have a team of horses pulling it or something to keep from having to
buy $20/gallon gas for it.