Re: Need to disable the "MAINT REQ'D" dash light.

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 23:13:13 EDT

Dan Kramarsky wrote:
> Um, the 15 year old plastic is pretty brittle. I really don't want to risk breaking the
> tabs or clips or chipping the corner of something.

Umm - my 20 year old plastic isnt brittle at all - and theres nothing to
break - have you ever had the instrument cluster out before? Theres
nothing to it.

  also there is a slight chance the
> PRNDL indicator wont go back exactly like it was.

True - but if you are careful it will work out fine - the problems with
those things are that the little wires stretch and the crimped on cable
stop will move down and the indicators are not lined up - thats not hard
to fix either

> seemed like to me the safer alternative was to find the wire. if there is one. i think
> there is.

youre over complicating this - just pull the bulb

The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj
An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine