Re: Power Wagon and Willys for sale, need pricing suggestions

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 22:19:30 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
> If anyone might be interested, or know someone who is, let me know. (Jon...
> can you say "Willys parts vehicle"? :-)

   You are an evil man! Why must you tempt me so? :-) Actually, if
the Jeep is in as good condition as you describe, (and it does look
pretty good, IIRC) it'd be a shame to relegate it to a parts vehicle.
Heck, its probably in better shape than mine! Its too bad we never
were able to figure a way to get it closer to you. Weren't they going
to give it to you? Seems a shame to let it slip away especially given
the family history and memories. At car shows and the like, I hear
all sorts of "man, I wish I still had that _____", or "I never should
have sold that _____" stories, just kind've a bummer to basically
watch one of them in the making! :-( But then again, I'm kinda goofy
about cars. :-)

   I need to get my own 2A running. When I stored it for the winter,
the stupid Phord engine wouldn't idle, and I didn't have time to mess
with it. Hopefully it just needs a tune up. It'd be nice to be able
to just jump in and drive it without having to worry about what the
engine is going to decide to do next. :-P I DO actually have a fuel
injected 2.5L engine (with computer and wiring harness), trans and
transfer case that came out of a 125K '95 YJ, and the thought of a
transplant has crossed my mind, but who's got the time??? :-P

   Speaking of the Willys, you may want to check out thecj2apage.com.
I spent a lot of time there as I was working on my '47 and there is a
good bunch of guys there with a lot of great info. Might not even be
a bad place to post it for sale if you really do decide to sell it.

--
                                          -Jon-