Re: Gen III QC fuel pump replacement - lessons learned part 1

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 07:53:28 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> vic wrote:
>
>> 1. Don't remove the bed in an attempt to avoid dropping the tank. The
>> pump is located under the cab.

Good to know... thank you for that.

> Lesson II - you probably had to go to a dealer to get the fuel pump - as
> the quad cabs have a funky fuel pump which, to my knowledge - the
> aftermarket does not sell :)

RockAuto and AutoZone both show the same application on their web sites.
  Airtex part E7128MN for the Quad Cab and Airtex part E7116M for the
regular and club cabs. For whatever reason, the part for the Quad Cab
is cheaper. At least for 2001, anyway.

I don't see anything at NAPA. Strange. And by the way, Tom... NAPA's
web site doesn't work with Firefox. I know you don't personally have
anything to do with the web site, but you should inform your corporate
overlords that some of their potential customers are not amused by this
sort of thing. Thank you.